[NSRCA-discussion] cleaning up an engine ?

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Tue Oct 3 10:38:02 AKDT 2006

On Oct 3, 2006, at 10:22 AM, Paul Horan wrote:

>     Until I get some Demon Clean do you have any other alternatives
> to cleaning up the engine ?
>     How about getting the woodruff key out ?  Should the oven @ 300
> work.

I've used a paint remover for aluminum airplanes called Aircraft
Remover.  It is sold in Auto Zone stores, as well as some other auto
parts stores.  It removes the toughest baked-on varnish and it is
designed to be compatible with aluminum, so there's none of the
discoloration that you sometimes get with regular oven cleaners.

Ron Van Putte