[NSRCA-discussion] If you don't score by the rules.... don'tadvertise a rulebook event

Adrien L Terrenoire amad2terry at juno.com
Mon Oct 2 16:57:56 AKDT 2006

Fred:

I hope that by now you have been advised that the TO and LDG scores were
NOT changed "on the spot", but were in fact the rules for the past 3
years! You did not read the rules yourself or this would have been
obvious to you prior to attending your first contest. Next year the rules
change, I think for everyone but FAI. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

If you are following this list, you may have seen a lot of discussion
concerning, Judging for wind, the center of maneuvers, when does a
maneuver start, etc. This is all because some competitors are already
reading next year's rules, and trying to be prepared, both to judge them
and to fly them. One of the BEST things a new competitor can do is to
read the rules, and be very familiar with them. If there is ANYTHING you
do not fully understand. put your question on this list and I guarantee
that you WILL get an answer, maybe many answers.

I sinerely hope you hit the trail again next year, and remember: It is a
sport, not life and death, so relax, have fun, and make some new friends.
In the end, the flying becomes just a added bonus to a great weekend with
friends.

Terry T.