[NSRCA-discussion] One day contests

Lance Van Nostrand patterndude at comcast.net
Sun Oct 1 18:24:53 AKDT 2006

As I read with interest this thread I don't see how 2 one day contests is
workable. sunday flying is not long enough to have the same number of
sportsman/intermediate rounds and the obvious issue is that its highly
likely that people staying for two days are more likely to win on both days.
Maybe a modification is just to announce a "day 1 placing" and let the
contest continue.  Anyone only able to stay for one day would win the day 1
award and feel their accomplishment for the time they were able to compete.
At the end of day 1, everyone has had the same number of rounds and
opportunity to be winners.  The continuing dynamics can shake things up in
day 2, but at the end of day 1, the winners can be announced.  Award
something simple, like a certificate or some diet coke and mentos at the end
of day 1 flying.  People with time constraints are not limited to sportsman,
and this could be done at all classes.

--lance