[NSRCA-discussion] Lithium Ion batteries

Pete Cosky pcosky at comcast.net
Thu Nov 30 05:43:04 AKST 2006

I had bought a few NMP 2400 mAh packs from Central last year. I don't see them on their website now though.

I am apprehensive to go Li-Poly due to the packaging and possibility of damage and fire. The Li-Ion is in a metal can that can shield it from physical damage. Using the wrong charger on the other hand would still be an issue.

The Li-Ion packs are lighter than a NiCad or Ni-Mh packs so you gain a weight savings and they need less maintenance than the aforementioned battery types.

I even made a pack to replace the Ni-Mh pack in my Multiplex EVO and it is holding up well.

As always this is nothing more than the ramblings of a longhaired freak.....

Robert & Casey Green <robcase1 at cox.net> wrote:
      Hey Guys, I am thiking about running lithium-ions batteries this year.  Besides duralite, is there anything else worth using.

      Thanks in advance.

      Robert

Checked by AVG Free Edition.