[NSRCA-discussion] Pipe Length for 18.1

Dr. Mike Harrison drmikedds at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 29 12:16:25 AKST 2006

Dean and Dave
I don't seem to notice any of those issues.  That doesn't mean it doesn't
occur.  It could be with these props somehow those issues resolve
themselves.  Also, you may be more keenly aware than I.  I do fly pretty
much a light caramel exhaust and lots of smoke, but I have tons of power and
unlimited vertical.  There are the days of much heat and much humidity with
crappy air that power may be affected, not sure.

I had the mixture control and the single shim and dual plugs.  I now have no
mixture control, the original OS head, and 2 shims at the aforementioned
length.  I am trying to fly a very deliberate moderate pace at about 150
meters using the 18.5x9.5.   You would have to email Fred at APC to get
those.  I typically fly about 1/3 to 2/3 throttle on horizontal and a
gradual transition to full on vertical.  Plane weighs 11 lbs.

Dave, I believe you are correct, I will check, IF I REMEMBER!!!!!

Hope this helps
Mike