[NSRCA-discussion] 4 blade spinner

DaveL322 at comcast.net DaveL322 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 21 07:27:14 AKST 2006

Ditto on the extra headshim, 20%, OS-F, EFI bearing, longer pipe, and propping for 7500 - 7800.  I ran the RX and EFI this way fo 5 years.  On the RX in particular, what pipe and what length will have a pretty dramatic effect on the peak power and midrange transition, and to a lesser extent, the "best" idle mixture (the idle mixture has some effect on the midrange transition up to about 1/3 throttle).  The idle compromise is usually this - richer is better for spool down and braking, but leaner is better for midrange transition.

The 15.5-12 4b will work, but vertical is not nearly as good as the 10" 3b or 18.1x10.1 2b.

Regards,

Dave

From: "Dr. Mike Harrison" <drmikedds at sbcglobal.net>