[NSRCA-discussion] 4 blade spinner

Dr. Mike Harrison drmikedds at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 21 05:28:33 AKST 2006

2 things I recommend are adding an additional head shim so that there are 2
head shims and lengthening the pipe a couple of inches from the standard
setup.  I use the OS F plug and 20% pro blend Cool Power.
We have recently found the idle needs to be pretty lean.
I get very strong performance and very smooth transition.
One more thing, be sure to change the rear bearing to the EFI bearing.  This
can be purchased from Tower Hobbies.

The key to quiet engine performance is not to trun too much rpm with the
18.1x10w.  The plane will be very quiet and have great power if you are
turning 8000rpm or less.

Mike