[NSRCA-discussion] Electric Brio Weight Savings

Keith Black tkeithblack at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 12:03:04 AKST 2006

Steve,

The link below has some pictures of mine, you saw at NATS, but no real description on the building process.  http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4245872/mpage_1/key_brio%2Cflies/tm.htm

Here are a few things to consider to get started.

1. I cut out the firewall and used Jerry Budd's electric mount. After MANY hours of scratching my head I decided his mount would make things easier. For the back motor brace I used 1/8" light ply laminated with carbon cloth.  Jerry also sells a rear motor brace which may make things easier.

2. I removed the pipe tunnel except where I wanted to use it for mounting my elevator servo.

3. My wings and stab weren't installed aligned correctly. I had to reset my main wing tube and the stab.
This link briefly describes wing tube resetting, stab tube adjustment, control horn geometry and rudder building: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2728173/mpage_6/key_reset%2Ctube/tm.htm

4. You'll definitely want to replace your rudder, doing so can save close to 2 ounces!

This is a start, let me know if you have any additional questions.

Keith