[NSRCA-discussion] Lipo Charging

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Fri Nov 17 04:08:22 AKST 2006

I wish it would do 4S or 5S packs. I just getting into a 4S setup now. I'm using a programmable power supply that I have to charge the 4S pack until I get something better. Luckily, we have AC power at my home field.

  FWIW, I have a TP balancer (205 I think) and also an Astro "Blinky" that I use. The Blinky is great. However, I've looked at getting an inline balancer, like the ones that Hyperion has. I will probably buy one of those when I get my next charger.

  The Triton 2 can do 5S and 5 amps I believe, and is one reason I am considering it. The Accucycle Elite can only do 3S and 2 amps.

  One thing I have been wanting to try is to see if I can use the two outputs of the Accucycle in series to charge one 4S - 6S pack. I've ohmed out the outputs and they seem isolated, I've just haven't had a chance to rig up a harness (with fuses!!!) to test it. :-)

  Bob R.

Tom Simes <simestd at netexpress.com> wrote:
  On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 06:36:45 -0800 (PST)
Bob Richards wrote:

> I use the Accucycle Elite. It handles nicads and lipos. More pricey
> than some, but I like the fact it will do two batteries at once.

I second that! I'm really hoping that Hobbico will come out with a
balancing version or that other manufacturers will clue in to how handy
it is to be able to charge two dissimiliar packs simultaneously. For
foamy packs it can't be beat. Tower prices on it put it right around
the Triton, but you would have to buy 2 Tritons to get the same
functionality so to my mind it's a bargain!

Tom

"Z-80 system stack overflow. Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $510,000 Mortgage for $1,698/mo -   Calculate new house payment