[NSRCA-discussion] 89 Nats

jonlowe at aol.com jonlowe at aol.com
Thu Nov 16 11:50:36 AKST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: DaveL322 at comcast.net
To: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org
Sent: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 11:11 AM
Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] 89 Nats

9VAP, or 9VAP?  (I think a VAP).

89 was the last year I flew brand "F" - and I was flying the old 8
channel 512 PCM, which was flawless.

And while I don't recall the exact number of crashes (1 is believable),
I know of one plane which did crash and that TX had gotten absolutely
soaked earlier that day or the prior day in a rainstorm during a
practice flight - I saw easily 1-2 oz of water dumped out of the TX at
the end of the practice flight.

Dave

From: "Dennis" <patternpilot at verizon.net>

> Ok, for those that are still interested in what caused the radio
> interference at the 89 Nat's, here is what Bill Bowen sent me.
>
> Denny
>
> After I got home last night I checked my old files on the Futaba lock
> out problem at the 89 Nat's. The problem was with the 9VAL system,
> specially their new 1024 receivers. Interesting though there was only
> one crash and everyone else regained control as the plane got low
> enough. As I mentioned I loaned them all six of my 8 channel PCM 512
> receivers which were on 6 meters. Steve Helms brought a team of 6
folks
> in and did extensive testing twice. What they found was two areas at
> Vista field where high reflection from buried metal and was quit! e
& gt; noticeable in the receivers. They deduced that the rejection