[NSRCA-discussion] Brio Hinges

Dennis patternpilot at verizon.net
Wed Nov 15 19:48:06 AKST 2006

Dave,
I had to ask around to answer your question. Bill Bowen (I'm sure you
remember him) said that the Futaba radios were too signal selective, and
mostly on some of the upper channels. I think the 912 had just come out. He
said that a bunch of his 6 meter stuff was borrowed and passed out among the
competitors to get by the problem. Futaba came up and their engineers said
that the signals were being bounced off things buried in the ground around
the runway, mostly at the West end. When the 1024 came out all the problems
went away. That is what I know. I can get you in touch with him if you want
more specific information. Sounds like you all had a great time. Like I said
I did not fly in the contest but I did fly at that location a lot and never
had a problem.

Dennis Cone