[NSRCA-discussion] APC 18.1 x 10W props

brian young brian_w_young at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 14 16:07:39 AKST 2006

The W is the wide version, has a wider blade profile. The other version is just 18.1x10.1 it works really well, I havent tried the W yet but have seen it work on the 1.60 DZ so you might fly it before you trim it. The W goes a little slower.

Peter Pennisi <pentagon.systems at bigpond.com> wrote:

  I recently purchased some 18.1 x 10W APC props for my DZ160. Apparently there appears to be another version 18.1 x 10.1.

  Could someone please tell me the difference between both?

  I tried a quick ground run on this prop (stock) this morning but could barely get 8000 RPM from the engine. I will take advice from a member on this list and lop 1/4inch of each blade. What RPM readings are people getting who are using either of these props on a YS DZ160 engine?

  Regards,

  Peter