[NSRCA-discussion] Master's Horizontal Square Eight

george w. kennie geobet at gis.net
Tue Nov 14 07:29:48 AKST 2006

In light of the clarification supplied by Richard Lindburgh and the fact that we do not have a specific descriptor for the current maneuver ( at least not that I have been able to find) I decided to try to write one for myself. Here it is as I see it, and feel free to make the necessary corrections, additions, deletions, e.t.c. where I am wrong.

HORIZONTAL SQUARE  EIGHT.

Model flies past center a distance equal to the anticipated size of the first loop minus the length of the radius of the first 1/4 loop element at which point it pushes to a vertical upline and performs three legs of an outside square loop with the third descending leg occurring on the center line, the bottom of which line the model pulls to upright level flight and performs an inside square loop the opposite side of center of equal proportion to the first outside loop and at the completion of which the model pushes to recover in inverted level flight.

That's about as good as I'm going to be able to come up with.