[NSRCA-discussion] Masters Square 8

Lance Van Nostrand patterndude at comcast.net
Sun Nov 12 19:32:47 AKST 2006

I don't think the rules support your claim that the 15m entry/exit is a
minimum.  I think you have just made up your own rule to downgrade at 1
point per 15.  However, this is very lenient downgrading because to get a 1
point downgrade by descending or ascending at 15 degrees, over a 100m
distance, the plane would change altitude by 77 ft.  A pilot changing
altitude by 15 ft or so would only be making a 3 degree error.  (note: the
box width at 150 meters is 600 meters).

Therefore, if I  lose 15 ft of altitude as I fly from the end of the reverse
cuban into the stall turn (manuvers 1 and 2) this should hardly register as
a downgrade.

--Lance