[NSRCA-discussion] JR DS8417 Servo question

JonLowe at aol.com JonLowe at aol.com
Mon Nov 6 18:46:16 AKST 2006

In a message dated 11/6/2006 9:30:16 PM Central Standard Time,
jgghome at comcast.net writes:
I have a couple of servos that need gear replacements. My DS8417 servos
have nylon gears and the only replacements I can find are metal gears.
The servos were in a used airplane I bought so I don't know if the nylon
gears were original equipment.
Is there a replacement nylon gear set available for this servo, perhaps
from a different servo?

Thanks

John
Use 8411SA/8101 gears.  8417s only come with metal gears, but many change the
two intermediate gears to the two from an 8411SA for pattern use.  Change
ONLY those two gears, not including the first after the motor gear.  Slows the
servo slightly, but is still faster than an 8411.  Part number is JRPSG8101,
about $5.00.

Jon Lowe