[NSRCA-discussion] YS140L Carb body needed, was YS140L backplate needed

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Tue May 30 05:45:58 AKDT 2006

There are a couple of things it could be, the little
tab could be mis-alligned, unevenly tightened
backplate screws (I use calibrated fingers or a click
stop torque driver), or crud in the barrel.  I have
lapped the barrel/carb body assembly by hand with a
little polish. Put it together without any rubber
parts and spin the throttle arm round and round till
it is smooth. Clean and re-assemble.

--- Pete Cosky <pcosky at comcast.net> wrote:

> If you find two let me know. I had to swap the L in
> my plane for my spare on
> Sunday. The throttle barrel suddenly began binding.
> I plan on lapping it but
> failing that a spare wouldn't be a bad thing.
>
> Any other ideas on how to fix or what would have
> caused it?

Bob Kane
getterflash at yahoo.com