[NSRCA-discussion] trimming question

Bob Pastorello rcaerobob at cox.net
Fri May 19 14:24:36 AKDT 2006

There is no reason on earth to try to balance an airplane for identical
elevator trim handling inverted or upright, unless new laws of Physics and
aerodynamics can be drummed up.

EVERY airplane that "requires NO elevator when inverted" is nearly ALWAYS
making some other trim compromise, usually has some bizarre wing and stab
incidence, thrust offsets, and carries elevator trim.
    Then all of THOSE things require mixes out the butt....

I once was challenged to "watch his airplane when he wiggles the sticks
pre-engine start".....and this was an airplane that belonged to someone we
would all be SHOCKED to hear about...Sure enough, when he wiggled those
sticks around, it was unbelievable.  NO control input was "pure".

His airplane flew hands-off inverted.

EVERYWHERE else in his sequence, he was driving those sticks and flippin'
switches like you wouldn't believe.

Just something to think about.... and go here
http://www.rcaerobats.net/trim_chart.htm

Bob Pastorello
www.rcaerobats.net
rcaerobob at cox.net