[NSRCA-discussion] Aluminum 6-32 cap screws

jivey61 at bellsouth.net jivey61 at bellsouth.net
Tue May 16 18:44:23 AKDT 2006

Bob
 Alum caps screws will break at the head with the engine vibration.  Besides
you can't torque them like you can steel capscrews. Now, maybe if you used a
star washer under the head of the screw and just snugged it,that might
work,but the washer weighs some also.So you haven't gained much.
I used aluminum cap screws for the canopy hold down bolts and the heads
popped off both sides,at two different times.

Jim Ivey