[NSRCA-discussion] Air Breaks

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Sat May 13 06:21:31 AKDT 2006

Bill:
I use ailerons up about 8 or 9 degrees.  It doesn't help you land any
slower, but you can more easily set it down on the spot you want.  It also
seems to help handling in the wind.  Basically, it lets you manage the
descent rate more effectively with the throttle.  Re. the elevator mix, I
think you have to just try it and see what the model does when you deploy
them.  It might tend to pitch up, at least that's what I've seen on a couple
of models, but the effect is minor and diminishes as the speed bleeds off.

Ed