[NSRCA-discussion] Flying into the sun????????????????

Ed Deaver divesplat at yahoo.com
Thu May 11 04:58:01 AKDT 2006

Here in Tx, most fields face the East for some reason, and this happens almost every Sat and Sun morning as the contest starts.  Even if they wait till 12, someone gets in too close and flies too  high and through the sun we go.

  Even if the field faces West, the last round on Sat can be a challenge.

  Some bring sun "dots" to shield them.  I wear Zurichs (dark) for this purpose.  Some have said close one eye or both for a second then find the plane aftergoing through the sun.

  Ed

Ben Hail <itsbenhail at yahoo.com> wrote:
    The other day, I noticed a post about a pilot that flew into the sun and lost his plane. I think it was the Pensacola contest. I've been flying for a long time, and have never flown even near the sun. Why and how is that possible, I just don't understand how anyone could do such a thing.

  Thanks, Ben....