[NSRCA-discussion] 2007 Advanced Schedule

Wayne Galligan wgalligan at goodsonacura.com
Wed May 10 07:14:42 AKDT 2006

Guys,

Listen to what Troy and Dave are saying.  I just moved up from advance to the Masters class and I find myself disagreeing with you.  The current advanced class is good and the proposed as good or better.  I didn't find that exiting inverted helped make me any more prepared for masters.  My BIGGEST adjustment coming up through the classes was learning to use the rudder effectively and without the correction being seen and throttle control.  One other very important item that has not been mentioned here is discovering how to trim your airplane for the schedule you are flying.  After I started flying the Masters pattern for awhile I soon discovered that my plane wasn't flying the schedule to my expectation.  Thinking I was all thumbs( I use a tray and fly fingers too) at the sticks I discovered little subtle things in the trim setup that made my plane perform better for the masters schedule,i.e. balance,throws, throttle curve,etc.  You can fly sportsman,intermediate and even advanced with a slightly nose heavy plane but not so well in masters.  So what I am saying is there is more to it then flying upside down.

Wayne Galligan
D6 Masters bottom feeder