[NSRCA-discussion] 2007 Advanced Schedule

DaveL322 at comcast.net DaveL322 at comcast.net
Tue May 9 10:10:19 AKDT 2006

To me -
- Sportsman is as much about the contest environment as the actual flying - how to prepare the plane, get mentally prepared, flying in a controlled environment with judges, etc.  The requirements for flying skills are pretty limited and mostly about positioning in the box.
- Intermediate requires more inverted elements, rolling, and loop/roll combos (and there are plenty of places to practice rudder, but good rudder technique isn't required to get through the schedule presentably).
- Advanced introduces more complex figures, and demands a great deal more of rudder use (to make the pattern look nice).
- Masters is the whole enchilada.
- F3A is another step generally accepted to be a grade above Masters.

There should always be new manuevers in each class (moving upwards).  Just because Advanced has a snap does not mean Intermediate should - the classes are about teaching different elements and skills (in a progressive manner).

So far as improving skills flying inverted, and getting more comfortable with a new class, etc......
- periodically fly the class above (or below)
- fly your class, or the one below entering the box inverted - keeps familiarity of a schedule, but introduces a lot of inverted stuff (unless you are flying F3A in which case you may spend less time inverted....<G>).

Regards,

Dave Lockhart
DaveL322 at comcast.net

From: jonlowe at aol.com