[NSRCA-discussion] Elevator trim change

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Mon May 8 17:34:50 AKDT 2006

I feel bad now. . . .  and have some egg dripping off
my face. The trim changes I was experiencing were not
the fault of the pushrod system, it was more of a case
of a loose nut on the sticks. After having exactly the
same trim change issues this evening, even between
flights, I surmised something other than differential
coefficient of expansion was at the root of my
problem. After a few minutes playing with the
transmitter, I realized the trim memory function on my
radio was not enabled. DUH !!!! I fly a Stylus TX and
it has a really neat trim function which combines the
convenience of digital trims with the feel of analog
trim levers. BUT it is NOT enabled by default, and
this is the first new plane I have programmed from
scratch in almost two years. There is a global setting
and individual settings for each channel. I had the
global settign turned on but did not enable individual
channels. I was essentially untrimming my plane when I
shut the radio down and centered the trim levers.
Sorry for the noise on this one. I will report how it
behaves in the future when the change will be limited
to thermal coefficients and not due to my error. BTW,
I am not using the DEPS system, this pushrod is of my
own design.

--- Lance Van Nostrand <patterndude at comcast.net>
wrote:

> This rots.  I've used pull pull forever and switched
> to the deps system due to heavy promotion by Mike
> Harrison and Bryan Hebert.  They say it will be more
> precise.  Can anyone corroborate this?  I'd hate to
> switch to a system that has more downside than
> upside.
> --Lance

Bob Kane
getterflash at yahoo.com