[NSRCA-discussion] Elevator trim change

rcmaster199 at aol.com rcmaster199 at aol.com
Mon May 8 15:22:41 AKDT 2006

Bob, originally I had my Temptress' elevator set-up on pull-pull (K-Kord, my stuff) and experienced practically no drift in elevator trim. One day, one of crimps I was using pulled apart. It really wasn't a big deal to land on one elevator half. The other half only allowed down command so it wasn't really trivial matter but wasn't terribly serious either. Note Temptress uses a Temptation fuse.

Rather than replacing the K-Kord, I decided at that time to try the carbon pushrod arrangement that CST sells that is similar to a DEPS. I have been experiencing exactly what you describe ever since. Not exactly the identical set-up you have but the materials used are very similar.

Usually, once the plane is trimmed at the start of the flying session, it doesn't drift the rest of the day but still I don't care much for that arrangement and will replace the carbon with pull-pull again. I will probably never use full length carbon rods again unless the fuse is carbon also.

FWIW

Matt