[NSRCA-discussion] Tojeiro -

vicenterc at comcast.net vicenterc at comcast.net
Mon May 8 05:17:07 AKDT 2006

Hi Brian,

We had similar experience using the Abbra and ZDZ 40 with 3 blade prop.  I forgot the size of the prop now.  Probably Pat will tell us.  Breaking is so much that we have to be careful landing the plane.  The difference between my glow version and the gas version in this regard is evident.  Clearly the big prop helps a lot in breaking.  However, the gas version is sluggish to respond in the up lines but I recognize that the power is enough to do all Master schedule.  The only problem with the gas version is that it is just 5 oz over 11 lbs.  We think that replacing the prop with wood prop and getting smaller receiver will get the plane under 11 lbs.

Right now, we have the opportunity to fly the Abbra in 3 versions.  The electric is still in early stages of trimming process.  Clearly, this has been an interesting project for me.  The electric version is 10 lbs 10 oz. so it is almost a pound less than the gas version.  The glow version is a little under 10 lbs using OS 160.  The big advantage of the electric is that take off and landing weight remains unchanged.

Regards,

Vicente
From: brian young <brian_w_young at yahoo.com>

I got to see Bob fly his today. Its a capable setup, similar to the Arresti but the build quality of the Tojeiro is very good.

Bob had it powered w/ a MVVS gasser w/ pipe...catch up to him for details. The engine performance was very good and pulled the plane through many of the masters and FAI stuff in good shape. What surprised me was the braking of this setup, it reminded me of Dave Lockhardts stuff.   Nice slow descent through loops on a 2 blade prop.