[NSRCA-discussion] BRIO 10

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Mon May 8 05:11:02 AKDT 2006

Hmm, I've had a chance to fly one a little more, and it does not have any coupling in knife edge, at least with the small amount of rudder that is needed to maintain altitude with a decent speed (must be fast). If it is a high-alpha knife-edge at a slow speed, then there is some roll coupling. The one I am flying is a little nose heavy.

  I was running a 11x5.5E APC, replaced it with a 10x5E (reduced the current by about 15%) to try to extend flight time. It had way more vertical than was needed with the larger prop. I have not had a chance to try the new prop yet.

  If it were my plane, I would move the rudder servo to the tail to shift the CG.

  Bob R.

Jay Marshall <lightfoot at sc.rr.com> wrote:
  Chucked the pants. Finally had the weather and time to get in its first
flight. Using a recommended 480, 10x7 prop, Castle Phoenix controller, TP
2100 and servos in the tail. Plenty of power for this sportsman, and lots
more. No problem with axles - yet. Does a lot of things real well but a
knife edge isn't one of them. More than its share of roll coupling but I
really haven't started the trim flights yet.