[NSRCA-discussion] Carbon wing tube question

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Tue May 2 06:10:36 AKDT 2006

 That's lucky. My guess is that the plane will have a long productive life now. Mike

Mike Hester <kerlock at comcast.net> wrote:  Ditto that method.

Actually I only use 1/2 the piece of PVC and a dab of JB weld. Light and
tight.

Now I'll fess up to something that might brand me one of the luckiest
dummies in pattern.

On the second day of test flying my brand new scratch built Black Magic V2,
I made about 5-6 flights, all P-07 with a ton of practice 1 1/2 down snaps.
A total of about 90 minutes of flying.

When I went to take the plane apart, the screw was sticking out of the
bottom of the wing....I had forgotten to screw it in. I just reached down
and pulled the wing off.

So if you think there's any stress on that little screw, think again. The
pulling force is barely noticable. However if that plane hadn't been brand
new, it would have been catastrophic.

So that's my free "oops!" for the year. Just goes to show don't put too much
into that screw, it's overkill, trust me.

-Mike

Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 10:00 AM
Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Carbon wing tube question