[NSRCA-discussion] Carbon wing tube question

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Mon May 1 21:09:25 AKDT 2006

Guys,
 I'm fitting a new carbon wing tube into my Focus to replace the original
aluminum one. Just wondering the best way to set up the threaded holes in
the ends. I've seen nylon inserts, hardwood, all kinds of stuff. I'll
probably just go with hardwood inserts because that's what I have on hand
unless I hear of a better way (suggestions please). How should I align the
grain in relation to the threaded holes if I use the wood inserts?

John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com