[NSRCA-discussion] YS 140DZ tuning question

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Mon May 1 12:48:42 AKDT 2006

Hindsight is always 20/20. The motor quit once in four
flights the day before, but the wind was not nearly as
strong and I brought it back to within 20 feet of
where I was standing. On Sunday it quit in almost the
same position, but I did not anticipate how strong the
wind was up 100 or so feet. I got the plane turned and
pointed back toward the grass, but it slowed to the
point of stalling as I tried to make it back. I know
from exprience a controlled landing is better than
falling out of the sky, so I opted to let it land in
the rough rather than risk stalling it trying to
stretch the glide.

Bob Kane
getterflash at yahoo.com