[NSRCA-discussion] YS 140DZ tuning question

Troy A. Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Mon May 1 11:54:27 AKDT 2006

 I would recommend leaning the HS a few clicks and try it out and see if its
too lean. If its not too lean then fly it and see.

The DZ motors run in a leaner spot of the HS than an pressurized version
will. Yes it will make great gobs of MOE rich but it will not idle well if
its too rich and it will shake bad too. Just lean it down a bit and see
where it wants to be. I usually end up with a fairly new motor about
1.25turns out. You are a little further away and most like 1/4 turn on the
needle will solve the problem for you.

Basically a good rule of thumb on any motor is to not be a prostitution
where if it quits right now you can't make it back. I guess you learned that
one this time.

Troy