[NSRCA-discussion] YS 140DZ tuning question

jivey61 at bellsouth.net jivey61 at bellsouth.net
Mon May 1 11:51:32 AKDT 2006

Bob
 It sounds rich to me and is putting out the plug when you throttle back.
The needle should be 1 to 1.5 turns out the engine should be turning
84-8500. There is a flat spot with the needle adjustment between too rich
and too lean that almost nothing happens.Tune towards closed needle for
HS.The engine will give the hammer sound( detonation )when it is too rich or
too lean.The low side pump should be flush.When set properly it will idle
without loading up and quitting. Check the idle first. then set the hi end.
Hope this helps.

Jim Ivey