[NSRCA-discussion] UBEC

Adam Glatt adam.g at sasktel.net
Thu Mar 30 10:12:41 AKST 2006

Dean, I think you vastly overestimate the effort your reader is willing
to put into cooling an outrunner.  Of course, all of this talk assumes
there is an issue in the first place.  Chad's Xtra 30 didn't get nearly
as hot as the Xtra 25 last year, and the guys on RCu are reporting the
Axi's dont even warm up (then again, Tom  has an aversion to using the
throttle stick...).  The Xtra 30 Evo is supposed to be even more
efficient, and Plett is still making improvements.

Personally, if it involves more than a shaped piece of depron and a
dremel, I'm not willing to do it.  If I see motor temp problems this
year, my first mod will be to the spinner (Rex's mod).

-Adam