[NSRCA-discussion] Falcon F3A batteries

Earl Haury ehaury at houston.rr.com
Thu Mar 30 04:04:27 AKST 2006

Stuart

I'm using the first 4 packs sold. I've 48 cycles on one set 18 on the other.
So far they've been fine, very little (if any) balancing activity. Don't
have any idea what the cycle life will be - only time will tell. As the
weather improves, opportunity for more flying will accelerate cycle
accumulation a bunch. I hope that there's no need to exercise their
warranty, but it's a nice feature.

Just so there's no misunderstanding - I gathered flight data to help Falcon
define the pack parameters and received a bit of a discount (that local
sales tax mitigated) for that work. Don't know if that's considered
"sponsored", but I'm using them because they work and Falcon provides
excellent service. (I understand that they had some website problems
recently, if anyone has problems with it - a phone call will work.)

Earl