[NSRCA-discussion] CG for PL Products Lazulite

AtwoodDon at aol.com AtwoodDon at aol.com
Sun Mar 19 19:46:58 AKST 2006

Thanks Verne, that helps....  Don

In a message dated 3/19/2006 8:01:08 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
verne at twmi.rr.com writes:

Don,
PL recommends the same CG for the Smaragd, Partner, and  Lazulite - 15/16"
behind the center of the wing tube. I can tell you first  hand that the Smaragd
flies a lot better with the CG right near the trailing  edge of the wing tube
and others have reported the same thing. I recently  asked the same question
about the Partner and most of the responses favored a  CG ranging from tube
center to the leading edge of the tube. I'd suggest tube  center or slightly
rearward. I remember my first flight on the Smaragd. Just  couldn't get used to
flying inverted with no down elevator, it was spooky.  Moving the CG up to the
TE of the tube made the plane lock better and provided  better control in snaps
and spins. Even at that point, I only have to lean  slightly on the down
elevator when inverted. Hope this helps. BTW, PL never  made an exclusive set of
instructions for the Partner. The face sheet shows a  picture of Qui Que and
his Partner. The first page in explains that the  Lazulite photos will be used
for reference.

Verne Koester