[NSRCA-discussion] Emission small engines.

Ted Sander tedsander at comcast.net
Fri Mar 17 21:05:30 AKST 2006

I spent some time digging through the EPA site the article referred to.  It
stresses lawnmowers, marine engines, and "handheld" engines.  Didn't
specifically exempt ones used for modeling, but since this is phase 2 of the
law, and phase 1 went into effect back in 97-98, and focused on 25 hp or
less - and we've seen the explosion in growth of gas airplane engines since
then, I'd guess Keith is right - it's a non-issue.  Desert Aircraft,
RCShowcase, et al can't ALL be thumbing their noses at the EPA, can they?
And as far as glow engines - not even the same kind of fuel, so again off
the books as far as this set of rules is concerned.