[NSRCA-discussion] Looking for a Proline Tx with Chidgey sticks

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Wed Mar 15 02:50:43 AKST 2006

I built an Ace Silver Seven when the kit first came out (late 70s?). I still have it. Based on the NE5044 encoder chip, it had different option cards that could plug in. The standard model had servo reversing, which was fairly new. I had the expo board, which used a quad op-amp, diodes and resistors to produce an exponential curve for the three flight channels. I came up with the idea to use the left over 4th op amp to produce a non-linear throttle (expo on throttle). Worked great. Servo reversing, dual rates, expo etc. Another option card that I can remember was a mixer. And this was all analog electronics, no microprocessor.

  I bought a S7 encoder kit from Ace, still have that too. I was planning on installing this encoder into a Proline single stick radio that I had, but never got around to it.

  Speaking of pattern gizmos that are no longer used, how about a slow-roll button. :-)

  Bob R.

John Pavlick <jpavlick at idseng.com> wrote:
      Ron,
   Well at risk of dating myself (and I'm not very old) I remember when the "new" Futaba 7FG-K came out. It had DUAL RATES - Wow! I had to have one. Actually I still have it. I had it narrow-banded and it's still a nice solid radio even though it's AM. Funny how we don't flip switches anymore, but back then it was "high tech". Actually, I think Ed has something really cool in mind. Stay tuned...

  John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com