[NSRCA-discussion] 4.8 volt Vs 6.0 volt

Dean Pappas d.pappas at kodeos.com
Thu Mar 9 07:51:20 AKST 2006

Hello Bill,
The 3151s are just barely adequate on 6V, based on the info at the Tower site.
At 4.8 V, the 43 oz-inches is decidedly weak for the large ailerons, and big rudder of the Quest.
Even if you push the large surfaces only a little bit, they still pose the same potential for
flutter, at high speed, against a Sport torque rated servo.
Even non-digitals in the 70+ oz-in neighborhood will be better suited.
You can still get a quantity discount on 9202s from Tower, and they'll deliver adequate torque on either 4 or 5 cells.
If you're looking to go digital (recommended) then the 3152s have beefier specs, though I just don't understand the $30 Tower price!
That's something of a bargain.

hope that helps,
Dean

Dean Pappas