[NSRCA-discussion] NEW IOTA 55amp POWER CONVERTERS---UPDATE----

MKMSG mkmsg at cox.net
Wed Mar 8 16:26:19 AKST 2006

Hi Cameron...Mike Moritko here.  Looks like they're quoting two different
prices for the IOTA supplies.  Here's what they told me: "The 55amps are
running our customers $90.00 + $10.00 shipping/insurance = $100.00".  Still
a good deal at that price however.  Question for you.....the initial inrush
current for the IOTA 55 DLS supply is 20 amps although it's duration is very
short.  Have you ever popped a circuit breaker when first powering up the
unit?  I'm considering the 75 amp IOTA which is about twice the cost but the
initial current surge at turn-on is 22 amps.  Not sure if that will be a
problem.