[NSRCA-discussion] 2C Pipe vs Muffler

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Mon Mar 6 19:19:58 AKST 2006

I have used the OS160 as a test bed for such comparison, in the air. Ground
running doesn't show much of a difference; just a couple hundred.  Eventhough
it is very mildly timed for tuned pipe use, the device definitely  adds HP. Of
course it can be set too long to have a useful boost in output and I  had it
set there initially. As it was shortened to a more typical setting for  large
2C engines, not only was the output improved (again, in the air), the  engine
became sweeter running with improved response.

Don't ask for RPM's, I couldn't care less. It improved the capability  of the
airplane and that's about all that counts.

MattK

In a message dated 3/6/2006 9:01:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,