[NSRCA-discussion] Noise - Overfly - and Different Aerobatic Model Types

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Fri Mar 3 06:02:21 AKST 2006

Dean:
In further support of what you say, notice that at Muncie the last 2 Nats',
the allocation of flying sites at the Pattern Nats' has been changed to
allow for the large amount of real estate consumed by the roller. The AMA
site at Muncie is huge; if you translate the above problem to the "average
neighborhood site" real problems start to rear their heads.
We've had the same problem at our home field; when I was on the IMAC BOD, I
had to recommend to the officers of my own club that we NOT hold another
IMAC contest because of neighborhood relations.  But still, some damage was
done, and we have beginning/ending curfews as the residue of past IMAC
contests.  Only 2 contests, but the damage was done.  Since that time past,
IMAC has made some real progress in curtailing sound, but IMHO a whole lot
more needs to be done.
As far as any IMAC bashing, I call to peoples attention that this is a
discussion; drawbacks as well as positives need to be brought out.

Bill Glaze