[NSRCA-discussion] Folding Plane Stands?

Richard Strickland richard.s at allied-callaway.com
Wed Jun 28 13:51:37 AKDT 2006

Jim,

One airplane-I just put it in a taller cradle with wide feet to keep it OFF
the gear as the Yukon gets HOT all day in the sun and I don't want to take a
chance of deforming the cf gear.  I also use double carpet about 3" wide in
the cradle so it doesn't deform the fuse.  For more than one, I use two 2 X
2s about 20" apart, attached on side stands about 14" or so high between the
shelf area with 1/2'" holes drilled on 1 ?" centers to accommodate ?" dowels
of various lths. covered with carpet-again with double layers of loose half
round (cradling) carpet.  Looks kind of goofy-but it has worked well for
many moons..  This arrangement (with practice and finagling) accommodates
two 2 M ships and the wings.  Gobs of room under for tents, chairs luggage,
etc.

My .02

Richard