[NSRCA-discussion] Folding Plane Stands?

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Wed Jun 28 12:42:02 AKDT 2006

On Jun 28, 2006, at 2:51 PM, Jim Woodward wrote:

> I just converted to a different way to haul planes in the
> expedition.  In the new manner, the wheels sit in a piece of
> aluminum angle that spans across the rear section of the cargo
> area.  The tail of the planes sit on a cross bar near the back of
> the passenger and driver seats.  This positions the planes high in
> the cargo area and leaves a ton of room below them for the
> remaining gear.  Now that the planes will be sitting on the landing
> gear all the time in the car, I need a plane stand that does not
> take up a lot of room, or maybe folds to a flat section (or soft
> foam (not Robart stand)).  Any suggestions are welcome, including
> any from Gray regarding airplane stands that may only be known to
> work from Masters Class down J.

AirBorne Models Markets an airplane stand from World Models that is
made from three pieces of soft foam rubber.  They plug into one
another and form a stand that will hold a rather large airplane
inverted (and the vertical fin won't hit the ground).  It costs about
$20.  Look for it at http://www.airborne-models.com

Ron Van Putte