[NSRCA-discussion] Electric props

Stuart Chale schale at optonline.net
Thu Jun 22 20:31:16 AKDT 2006

Rather than redo tests that others have done I thought I would question the
group regarding the different sized electric props available.  It seems like
there should be a much better consistency and less variability between
different electric motors compared to different IC setups.
I am going to run the Hacker C50 14 XL (not comp model) with the 90 amp Acro
speed controller.  Seems as if most people are running the 22x12 APC E prop.

Below is a list of potential props I found on the APC web site.
If you have tried any of them and found a reproducible difference from the
22x12 I, and I am sure others would like your thoughts.  If any of the props
are too much for the setup please let me know.  (No reason to waste money on
an unusable prop)
Hat happens when you run less of a prop say the 20 x 11?  Does the RPM stay
the same?  Will the current usually go up or down?
These seem to be the possible choices from APC

20 x 11
20 x 13
21 x 14
20 x 15
22 x 10 ( I would suspect a slower flight speed)?
20 x 12 wide
21 x 12 wide
21 x 13 wide
20.5 x 12 wide

Thanks
Stuart Chale

E-Pinnacle should be ready to fly this weekend.