[NSRCA-discussion] Nats - Noise

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Thu Jun 22 12:45:18 AKDT 2006

On Jun 22, 2006, at 3:09 PM, John Ferrell wrote:

> They usually offer unofficial testing before the event starts.
> Also, as I recall, you have to be a candidate for a trophy or a
> finalist to be tested...

Dave Guerin, Nats event director, asked John Fuqua and me to do
"courtesy" weight checks on Sunday, before official flying starts.
We will be at the three sites, for about 30 minutes at each site, to
check those who would like to have their airplanes weighed.  All
airplanes will be weighed before trophy presentations for those who
might get a trophy.

I do not know if Dave plans to do "courtesy" noise checks.  He
normally asks site directors to be alert for "noisy" airplanes during
each day's first round, so a noise check can be made on suspect
airplanes during the day's second round.

Ron Van Putte