[NSRCA-discussion] heat sink

Verne Koester verne at twmi.rr.com
Mon Jun 19 16:12:43 AKDT 2006

Jerry,
Assuming you're doing the typical Deans connectors, it's pretty easy. Tin the wire first and don't be surprised at how much solder that takes. Connect both halves of the Deans (per their instructions) and tin the gold connector with a little extra blob of solder. I like to use a small vacuum vice I got from Radio Shack a few years back to hold the connector. Slide the heat shrink over the wire and solder the wire to the connector. With everything pre-tinned, the heat's not on long and having both halves joined, absorbs the heat. Slide the heat shrink in place, shrink it down, and you're done. All of this is on the package except for the part about hanging on to the connector with the vice and it works quite well. Hope this helps!

Verne