[NSRCA-discussion] Sportsman supplemental rules?

White, Chris chris at ssd.fsi.com
Mon Jun 19 13:00:41 AKDT 2006

Hey Gray,

How many 9 year olds do you know that can afford their own IMAC
airplane????:)  Joking aside...

My feeling is in agreement that if you cannot safely take off and land
in the conditions of the day....you shouldn't be flying.  Yes, if
landings & takeoffs were scored we would see better takeoffs and
landings again.  I'm amazed that I even see a few  FAI pilots do blast &
go...yank and bank takeoffs and then try to make the rest of the flight
look smooth & precise....whether we like it or not an impression has
been made to the contrary.    AS far as the safety vs score situation
goes:  Anyone who is willing to risk loss of control and danger to the
crowd  for any score shouldn't be flying competition.   (Let alone a 1K
maneuver score!!!!)

Ability to fly????  I am a CFI and what do we drill in to ourselves and
our students????  "Know your personal limitations and don't fly beyond
them"   This is a part of flight training that should be common sense,
but..... if the case is children flying model airplanes, ADULTS have to
supervise and assume responsibility.

I think there's 2 cents worth somewhere in there:-)

Chris