[NSRCA-discussion] NMP Header Washer

brian young brian_w_young at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 18 18:36:09 AKDT 2006

Good thinking.

  Another in a pinch method I have heard for this is a large electric terminal crimp on connector, like 1/2 inch i think. Clip the crimp off and sand it round.

Lisa & Larry <lld613 at psci.net> wrote:
                At a contest this weekend my header came off the engine and I lost the two washers that would go between the engine and header. When I was landing, it seemed to pick up some RMP and I couldn’t shut it off and landed real hot. I would guess the idle picks up without back pressure.

  In an effort to get back into the contest, I went to Lowes and bought a ½ inch OD copper pipe and a pipe cutter. I was able to cut a thin piece off the tubing about equal to the thickness of two washers. It fit perfect and appears to seal well. I did clean the burrs off and sanded it with 400 grit paper. I did finish the contest.

  The better news is, now I can make as many copper washers as I need. VBG

  Larry