[NSRCA-discussion] NMP Header Washer

Lisa & Larry lld613 at psci.net
Sun Jun 18 13:51:40 AKDT 2006

At a contest this weekend my header came off the engine and I lost the two
washers that would go between the engine and header. When I was landing, it
seemed to pick up some RMP and I couldn’t shut it off and landed real hot. I
would guess the idle picks up without back pressure.

In an effort to get back into the contest, I went to Lowes and bought a ½
inch OD copper pipe and a pipe cutter. I was able to cut a thin piece off
the tubing about equal to the thickness of two washers. It fit perfect and
appears to seal well. I did clean the burrs off and sanded it with 400 grit
paper. I did finish the contest.

The better news is, now I can make as many copper washers as I need. VBG

Larry