[NSRCA-discussion] ys 110

Buff Miller fmiller2 at sc.rr.com
Wed Jun 14 14:52:37 AKDT 2006

Ken,

Are there bubbles in the line from the regulator to the needle valve?

I'm currently chasing down a problem on my "old" YS 91 AC.  It does exhibit
a profuse amount of bubbles in this line at full throttle and will not idle
down to a normal 2000 rpm idle nor quickly return to full throttle as YS's
usually do.  No bubbles exist in the fuel line from the tank or in the tank.

The theory I'm currently working on ( I haven't had a chance to run it yet)
is on these engines the regulator diaphragm and gasket are now one integral
piece and if you'll notice there is very little gasket material (less than
1/64") between the diaphragm chamber and the bolt hole of the regulator
housing.  My thinking is that crankcase pressure is blowing past the
diaphragm and the bolt hole and air is contaminating the fuel.

I have replaced the diaphragm/gasket with a new one, but no improvement
(that 1/64" is very easy to bridge).  I've also replaced all gaskets and
O-rings, still no fix. So, now I've cannibalized regulator parts from an old
120 AC and installed the old two piece diaphragm gasket system.  I plan to
check this modification out tomorrow.  I'll let you know if this fixed the
problem.

Has anyone else ever experienced this problem?

Buff Miller

  _____