[NSRCA-discussion] more sportsmans set up questions....

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Wed Jun 14 11:14:09 AKDT 2006

Dean:
not that anybody asked me, but...............  I too hate to run out of
control throw and be against the stop in a routine maneuver.  You have
nowhere to go if anything gets hairy during the maneuver; and, as usual,
your only ally is the space between you and the ground.  Plus, as has been
pointed out, sometimes it is necessary to modify the particular maneuver to
take care of unforeseen circumstances, and extra throw on a surface is one
of the easier ways of doing so.
Do you happen to have the construction manual?  I can possibly dig mine out
and come up with Piedmont's figures for control throw.  They're pretty
accurate and, after seasoning to taste, seem to work well. (Or did somebody
else already to that?) As always, it's your call.

Bill Glaze